18 April 2013

Evolution of a Quilt- A short film.

I am so excited to post this! Whilst working on my quilt I was also working on filming and photographing each stage in the hope of making a bit of a home movie.

It has been so much fun to create. This is really my first step into very basic film making so it was exciting to play around with different effects.
All of the stills are taken with my SLR and the film segments on my phone (the quality isn't too great but it works ok for this!)

Enjoy!


Evolution of a Quilt from Abigail Beach on Vimeo.

Music: One republic "I lived"

10 comments:

debs14 said...

Absolutely brilliant!!!! Love the quilt and love the video!

Karen said...

Agreed! This is brilliant. What a fabulous first entry into video, and a beautiful quilt!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh my gosh, Abi, words fail me. This video and the photos and the song you chose are just so wonderful. I know I'm not your mom, but right now I feel so much pride for you in that way.

And your finished quilt is awesome too! Well done, you!

Abi said...

Thank you all for your kind comments! Deb, you make me smile!

alexa said...

Just gorgeous, Abi! Not only that pretty quilt but working out how to make a video too - many congratulations! (Are you sure you are on the right course at Uni?).

JO SOWERBY said...

Wow, wow and WOWWWWWWWW! What a beautiful video, perfect music and what a beautifully artistic quilt. I loved this so much, it brought a smile to my face at the end of a rough week,
Love Jo xxx

Sinead said...

Abi, this is SO brilliant, I absolutely love the quilt and the video is just beautiful! You are so talented :) I want to learn to quit even more now! Well done. Also, I love the song - listening to One Republic on Spotify now! xxx

Sinead said...

*quilt even!

Sian said...

How clever is this?! I love the way you have melded the stills and the film together, it's just lovely. And as for the quilt itself? So chic!

Anonymous said...

Wow - That's great! And the quilt looks really nice. You've inspired me to get all those fat quarters out and see if I can do something with them.