13 January 2015

Project Life week one

I love starting this project afresh every year. I think it's that chance to play with some new products, change up design and begin at the beginning. 


I am still keen to share my pages here but thought this year I would simply share my thought process about the page...

For the first page I started with that big photo of the boy and me. I love spreading a photo across several pockets. I like that it gives impact.
Spreading it out meant that I had some areas of the photo that were nice and blurred so worked well for that "adore this" tag and the journalling.

I then added the two journalling spots detailing the story. Next I found a photo each of the boy and me, converted them to black and white, to bring the two together and popped them in as they were.

The joy of this many pocket layout is that there were two spaces left to fill with pretty papers. I chose two yellow toned papers to bring the page together.


For the second page I used the slightly larger square pocket page.
I started with the three photos of the boy and me. They were all taken on the same spot so I popped them in a line to emphasise it and added journalling and tags to each.

I then moved onto that large photo of me. Again it worked by stretching it across two pockets as it is a portrait photo. That gave me lots of room at the top to add the date and a few embellishments.

The final bits to add in were the journalling and the week card. Again I filled in space with some pretty papers and some sentiments attached to them.


I am buzzing for this new layout design. I love the uniformity of same size pockets on each page! Here's to week two!

9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I love how you've spread that photo...it certainly does have impact.

Karen said...

Gorgeous, as always! I love the black and yellow combination.

Ruth said...

I love how the double spread looks ~ very cohesive and easy on the eye.
I'd still like to see you tackle paper PL one of these years ...

debs14 said...

These project life pages are going to be so much fun for you to look back on in years to come! A lovely start to the year.

Barbara Eads said...

Besides starting off on the right foot for 2015 with your Project Life album, it looks like you are having a lot of fun in the pictures too!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

At the risk of repetition, I love the way you spread the photos across the "pockets" too.

alexa said...

Such happy photos! It feels right to start the year with a spread of the two of you :). I am enjoying what you are doing with the design.

Beverly said...

I love the way you have spread some of the pics out. Looks like a glorious start to the New Year and PL2015 :)

Rachel Brett said...

A lovely first page :)